Friday, July 16, 2010

"If I'd known you were comin I'd baked a cake"

My friend Kay was in the shop today, and we started talking about a cake that our friend Mary had served her the other day. That led to, wouldn't you know, to more talk about "good eats." Years ago a very good friend gave us a recipe for a green cake that became our traditional Christmas cake, and Lewis' favorite cake for his Birthday. I don't know to whom the credit should go for developing this luscious cake, but I am putting the recipe below.

CAKE GREEN PISTACHIO

1 BOX WHITE CAKE MIX
4 EGGS
1 CUP CLUB SODA
1/2 CUP OIL
1 TEASPOON ALMOND EXTRACT
2 PKGS PISTACHIO PUDDING
MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO TASTE

USE PAM IN BUNDT PAN

PREHEAT OVEN 350
55 MINUTES TEST WITH TOOTH PICK
USE POWDER SUGAR SPRINKLED OVER PAPER DOILLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...