Friday, July 30, 2010

Crazy past 2 weeks...

So in the past 2 weeks it seems like I've been traveling and buying non stop.  It's a hard life but someone has to do it!  So I went to an art show at Russell/Projects in Richmond, VA.  This was the first time I'd been to Russell Projects which is located over in the Manchester District on the south side of the river in an old warehouse space known as Plant Zero.

My background before working in the antiques and design world was in contemporary art.  I was living in New York and working as an art handler which allowed me to have a lot of free time which was spent between the New York Public Library studying art and design books, and hoofing it around the city visiting different art galleries and design shops.

  Anyways I tend to ramble so let me get back to the show at Russell/Projects.  This show was top notch.  Through the years I've seen my fair share of art, both good and bad.  This was an outstanding show.  The artist who showed were Peregrine Honig, Susan Jamison, Aaron McIntosh, Claire Stigliani, and Helena Wurzel. I have always admired Susan Jamison's work and I added her as a Facebook friend a few days before the show and she invited me up.

For the last few years I've been concentrating on my business and now I'm at a level where I can relax and catch up with what's going on back in the art world.  I like to keep interested in what's going on in both, as I feel as they both influence each other.    Anyways it ends up that Susan Jamison has a museum show at the Taubman Museum of Art in Roanoke, VA, and the artist Peregrine Honig is on the Bravo TV show "Work of Art: The Next Great Artist".  The works in the show seemed to compliment each other, and there were a few pieces I wouldn't mind having for myself.  We will see!  :)  Anyways I wanted to post some photos and links to the artist website and to Russell Projects, and if you get time to make it there it's definitely worth it.  If you see something you're interested please call the Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...