Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Where did parsons table come from?

Lewis and I were talking about parson's tables. They are so useful such clean designs. There are side tables, consoles, coffee tables, dining tables, inside and outside tables, but where were they originated. Did some parson make one for his home, thus the name parson's table? Well I just had to find out. So I googled parson's table in wikipedia. I found that it was designed in Paris, in the 1930's at The Parsons School of Design, hence the name Parsons Table. It was designed by Jean- Michel Frank. The table has had a life of it's own ever since. I just went around the shop to see how many parsons tables we had. We have at least ten. They all were different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...