Saturday, February 20, 2010

That crazy floor lamp! and a fornasetti vanity mirror....

Hey this is Lewis, and man we've been crazy busy. 1stdibs has been keeping us running and trying to keep up with the demand and still doing all the shop duties, and buying is being rough.  Whenever I have a second to myself I try and keep learning. 

The floor lamp we picked up last week, it ends up was designed Maurizio Tempestini for Lightolier.  I tracked it down by noticing the construction was similar to some other vintage 1950's Lightolier Lamps.  And with some quick googling and going through old auction books I was able to track it down!  It's a pretty cool lamp as I've never seen it before!  The one I found had similar construction just a different shape, so it's always cool to find something new!  Just got a phone call from a new client, she was telling me about 2 James Mont lamps she had in her house and I told her where she bought them....   I need to get out more!!
 
So a few weeks ago I picked up this vanity mirror.  It's gold over bronze and stamped on the back 'made in italy'.  I'm willing to bet it's made by Piero Fornasetti.   He did many whimsical objects and furniture pieces, and I could write a whole blog post on him.  Maybe I'll pass on that task to my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...