Sunday, February 7, 2010

No rest for the wicked!

Greetings Everyone!  This is Lewis, and it's a Sunday here at work and yes we're closed!  Welcome to the glamorous life of a family run business.  ;)  We had a blizzard the last 2 days and we had the shop closed.  Note to self, buy an answering machine!  Most people think dealers that are on 1stdibs are jet setters and they fly into different auction houses across the country to bid on things, well not here.  So I'm in working on photography and shooting and listing things today in the snow(risking life and limb), and at this moment I'm taking a break!  I just wanted to let you know that blogging is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  It's the adoring fans, yes both of you.  haha...  So earlier this week I promised to show some of the stuff I've been buying recently.  Here's an insider tip.  Once I post things on 1stdibs, they are located at my storefront http://www.lewistrimble.1stdibs.com before the Wednesday New Listings are sent out so everyone can have a sneak peak.  They take them off of the storefronts on Tuesday night I believe.  I'm not allowed to post my things on here before they go onto 1stdibs, so check them out early on my storefront if you get a chance.  We also have a website located at www.lewistrimble.com 
So remember earlier this week how I said it was Brutalist Lamps week, well last night I got an email from the couple who were interested in the lamps saying the're going to take it!  Which saved us because the last 2 weekends we've had terrible snowstorms(which we never have).  I had 2-3 people wanting the same lamp at the same time, so remembering who's who and where was getting a little hairy.  I'll post something a little more exciting tomorrow.  That snowpile is in front of our shop and to give an idea of scale the Arthur Court rabbit is 19 inches tall!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...