Thursday, November 11, 2010

A visit to see Lost City Arts...

We've been a little busy in the shop recently so I hadn't posted the rest of the photos from my trip to New York City.  This set of photos I took while I was in the shop Lost City Arts, which is one of my favorite shops in the city, just for it's modernism and the large collection of Harry Bertoia.  So I asked if I could snap some photos to use on my blog and here they are!  Enjoy!

An Incredible Copper Bush Sculpture by Harry Bertoia (1915-78)


This was an amazing piece by Harry Bertoia the detail work of it was simply amazing. The casting of this piece I would have been a nightmare as each end would have had to be vented in the mold.  Reminiscent of coral, brain stems or something a mad bonsai artist would have made.  :)

Incredible Dining Table by Giovanni Michelucci (1891-1990)
Sorry about the blurry photo, this is an amazing dining table by Giovanni Michelucci.  This table is drool worthy.  I've seen tons of great tables, but this is by far one of the best ones.  Michelucci was one of my favorite architects, and I did a blog posting earlier on him. Click here to read the blog on him. 

Stunning Italian Glass Sputnik Chandelier
This was one of my favorite chandelier's ever!  It looks like dew on a dandelion in a space.  It's one of those pieces that you almost have to pinch yourself to make sure it's real.  Please remember I've linked to all the images to their pages on 1stdibs.  So click it to find out more information!
Incredible Interlocking Opalescent Glass Chandelier
Okay so this chandelier was also insanely beautiful.  The construction was amazing,  each piece of glass was hanging and connected to the one above it. It is amazing to know that this was constructed with molten glass.  People never think that a lot of decorative arts are hand made, and aren't just made by a machine or stamped out.  This piece was thought out, drawings were made and each single piece was formed to fit in this jigsaw of a chandelier.  I'm also a sucker for opalescent murano pieces!
Pair of Renzo Rutili for Johnson Furniture
I snapped a photo of these 2 Renzo Rutili Chests as I was walking through.  I picked up a long low version of these that has ab ebonized finish a few weeks ago.  I love the feet on these and the quality level of the Johnson furniture pieces are amazing!  If you are in New York City please stop by, or if you are planning a trip to New York City make sure to visit.  It was definitely worth a visit to the city to see some of these shops!  Hope everyone enjoys!  I stopped at Todd Merrill's as I walked in between Donzella and Lost City Arts, and I still need to do a posting on his shop!  Most likely in the next few days.  This next week I'm hitting the highway again in a different direction to pick up a few pieces I couldn't fit in my van last trip!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the Spunick Chandelier.. Suits every occasion and every room!.. and the interlocking one is quite intricate.. especially fond of opalescent murano glass.. Has so many colour variations..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...