Thursday, October 14, 2010

Giovanni Michelucci

Recently I've really been digging the designs of Italian Architect Giovanni Michelucci (1891-1990) who was concidered one of the forefathers of modernism.  His designs remind me of a relaxed version of modernism.  Some modernist furniture pieces can be too slick and space age.  His pieces are pieces that are made to be lived with.  His buildings are timeless being both modern and archaic. 


I always like getting into a designers head and I found 2 photos of the inside of his house.  This is who he wanted to live.  Here are the photos of Casa Michelucci. 

I think I'd find this house easy to live in.  Love the mix of the old and new, the classical and the modern.  Simple clean lines and plenty of places to read a book!  So when you see his furniture it's a mix between his architecture and his own home.  It could easily fit in either place and it's both modern and timeless. 
"Torbecchia" Credenza by Giovanni Michelucci available at my shop

Custom Console Table by Giovanni Michelucci available at Donzella Ltd.

Pair of Michelucci Chairs available at my shop

Stunning Huge Dining Table by Giovanni Michelucci available from Lost City Arts

Architectural Arm Chair by Giovanni Michelucci designed in 1919! available at Donzella Ltd.   

1 comment:

  1. This collection is superb. Art Deco meets Asian in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...