Monday, March 26, 2012

A Few Thoughts about what we are trying to do with this Blog.....

I am trying to learn about the furniture designers of the 20th century.  Lewis first became aware of the furniture designers of the 20th century while he was studying at VA Tech.  He spent time in the Architecture Library looking at and studying the Architect Designers of the 20th Century.  He is very lucky in that he has a photographic memory.  Once he has seen a piece, he files it away somewhere in his brain, and is able to pull it up when he sees a piece that is similar.  His favorite class at Tech was the History of Art in the 20th century.  He majored in Art and Design at tech.  I on the other hand went to Old Dominion College in the 60's.  I also majored in Art History and Studio Art.  But alas I knew very little of the designer Architects of the period with the exception of Frank Lloyd Wright.

We felt the need for information about these exceptional men who were on the frontiers of design in the early modernist period.  Lewis who studies all the time would mention a name of an artist, designer and I would not know anything about the person mentioned.  After all we are in business as partners,  I should be able to keep up.  So basically I've been educating myself and trying to put some good information out there for you to read up on these remarkable men, and a few women, that have made such marks in Architecture and Modern Design.  Every time I write a blog about another 20th century designer, I am learning something and I hope that you can benefit from this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...