Saturday, September 4, 2010

there's gold in them there hills....

Hey this is Lewis, I've been busy on the road and spending all of our hard earned money getting better and better pieces.  Here's a little recap of the last few weeks of life on the road.  I had a delivery to Pennsylvania, and I drove through Annapolis, Easton, Rehoboth, and Lewes Delaware  Stopping at all the little shops on the way.  I realized one thing, a lot of shops don't have antiques in them!  A lot of the stuff on the shelves was ordered from gift companies and had an antique "feel".  I tend to like the quirky junkier shops and that's where I find some of my best stuff. However I also risk exposing myself to some of the fringe elements out there.  Antique and junk dealers can be an odd bunch; I know this as I am one of them.  However this one shop had a theme going on, and usually theme shops can be fun.  This photo kinda explains the theme, and no I didn't open the bottom drawer.  The Richard Simmons drawer...  However I'm sure it was filled with short shorts and tank tops that say sweat...

So I resisted opening it, but now looking back it's kinda like eating a fortune cookie without removing the fortune.  It'll haunt me for the rest of my life, but some drawers aren't meant to be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...