Tuesday, June 22, 2010

News from Chicago!

Hey Everyone!
It's been a while I've been slacking off and not writing as much as I should!  The trip to Chicago was a blast I got to meet up with old friends and explore a new city.  That was the first time I'd been to Chicago, and I'm definitely going to go back!  We explored the city and found some great shops and places to eat!  The food in Chicago is definitely worth the 16 hour drive!  The first memorable meal was at Cemitas Puebla.  I had the Carne Asada Cemitas and it was excellent, the kind of food you literally have dreams of.  Whenever I goto a new place to eat, if the name of a dish is part of the name of the place order that! Cemitas Puebla was featured on the television show 'Diners Drive Ins and Dives', and it alone made the trip to Chicago worthwhile.  Many of the ingredients featured at Cemitas Puebla are locally grown, or are sourced from Mexico.  This is where most restaurants fail in my opinion.  The difference between something good and spectacular is all in the attention to detail. 
 



I then spent half the day trying to catch up to my friend Megan!  She called me and told me we were going to Architectural Artifacts.  I then get in my car and break out my iphone and type in Urban Artifacts, and I get the address and go!  Well I get there and she's not there, so I give her a call and she says I went to the wrong place.  I then look up Urban Remains, yeah I have no clue what I was thinking and I head out to that shop!  I end up getting further and further from Megan and then I have to make a rush during rush hour back to Architectural Artifacts!  Architectural Artifacts has a nice mixture of stuff, and has tons of great Faux Bois pieces they import from Argentina.  So after running all day I end up meeting my friend Chris at Kuma's Corner for dinner.  Kuma's Corner was a blast!  Nothing like some heavy metal hamburgers!  This place is awesome, not just for the classy decor, but also they had the Best Burger I've ever eaten!  I've had burgers all over the country and this one definetly takes the prize.  I order the Kuma Burger, which was a massive beast of a burger with a sunny side up egg on top.  I just googled Kuma's and evidently it too was on 'Diners Drive Ins and Dives'.   This was a wasted day as far as finding stuff for the shop, but I've seen enough architectural antiques for the rest of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...